General Role: Design and develop user interactions, servers, and databases for website functionalities and coding for mobile platforms. Particular responsibilities include developing front end channels’ architecture and basic back-end integration
Reporting To: Head, Information Technology
Key Functions & Responsibilities
• Evaluate the needs of users and analyse any technical issues to program highly functional systems.
• Managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment.
• Managing the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications
• Maintaining and upgrading existing web application to improve overall user experience and to meet company standard
• Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups
• Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting them
• Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
Competencies and Skills
• Bachelor or HND degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
• Development languages: Knowledge of server-side programming languages including C# with
.Net framework, or PHP Laravel framework preferrable
• API: Develop secured and cross platform APIs with proper documentation
• Database and cache: Familiarity with DBMS technology, including SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL and caching mechanisms such as Redis, Memcached and Varnish
• Basic design ability: Including knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
• Server: Experience working with Nginx or Apache servers for application hosting
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to visualize a proposed system and be able to build it
• Payment Gateway: hands-on experience implementing industry standard payment gateways using API.
• Minimum three-years’ experience in Web application development and deployment on production server
• Mobile Application development experience will be an added advantage
• Head of Unit
• Business Support Unit
• HR & Admin
• Investment and Research Unit
Key Performance Goals/Targets
• Efficiency and effectiveness of developed interface
• Timelines and quality of support for e-channels’ user and stand in other areas of IT
• Speed of development and deployment of new e-solution/applications
• Accuracy of e-channels related MIS reports
• Interactive and attractive website which is up to date and dynamic
• Frequent innovations in web-based solutions and other e-channels
*Performance is imperative and the achievement of set targets will highly influence the review of your employment at Lotus Capital. A performance review exercise will be conducted every six (6) months to ensure you are in line with your goal.